The Climate Neutral Certification program* uses a structured method to accelerate towards Zero CO2, on track with the Paris Climate Agreement. All steps taken to reduce CO2 emissions and offset the remainder are independently tested against clear criteria by independent third parties, Certification Bodies. Depending on the Certification scope, the Climate Neutral Certified label can be used for organisations, products and services. ISEAL’s Codes of Conduct are followed, which guarantees the quality of the program. If you are interested in the full Developement process of the program, please click here >>
* replaces the standard Climate Neutral Guaranteed, Klimaatneutraal Gegarandeerd (KNG) from January 2021. Already certified organizations and products according to KNG must comply with the renewed standard and are enthusiastic about the program, the ambition and the connection to the Paris Climate Agreement. Due to the international scope and development under ISEAL guidelines, the Program documents are only available in English.
1) The Climate Neutral Standard (vs 1.0),
2) The Trademark and Claims Policy (vs 1.1)
3) The Assurance Protocol (vs 1.0)
4) The Complaints Procedure (vs 1.0)
Note: diverse annexes available, scroll down
Certification Bodies to contact for verification audits
Dutch-speaking auditors are available. Kindly request above contact persons.
List of annexes per Document:
Climate Neutral Standard:
Annex 2: Sector Benchmark Tool (latest version 5 January 2021)
Annex 3a: Database with Permitted Emission Factor Sources & Secondary Data Sources
Annex 3b: Database with Permitted Footprint Calculation Methods (latest version: 09 March 2021)
Annex 6a: Reduction Calculation Tool – for Certification of the Organisation
Annex 6b: Reduction Calculation Tool – for Certification of a Product/ Service
Annex 7: Self-Assessment Tool (also used as pre-assessment tool or audit checklist)
Would you like to learn more about the Climate Neutral Certification program?
Why choose Climate Neutral Certification?
Climate policy often has unclear goals, a fragmented approach and invisible results. With the Climate Neutral Certification program you ensure that your climate policy matches globally agreed goals and that it is consistently and firmly embedded in your organisation. You can also show the independently verified steps you have taken to become climate neutral – that you calculated your CO2 emissions, reduced them as much as possible and offset the rest with certified compensation projects.