Do you want to work for a dynamic and growing company in a market with great future perspectives and, at the same make impact regarding climate issues? Can you combine business and idealism? Do you want to work for an organisation where challenges differ every day? Climate Neutral Group offers you this opportunity.
About Climate Neutral Group
Climate Neutral Group (CNG) is a fast-growing organisation with a clear purpose: to enhance the Net Zero journey to combat climate change. Since its foundation in 2002, Climate Neutral Group has been stimulating organisations in climate neutral entrepreneurship: from A to Zero CO2 emissions. Very recently, CNG merged with Anthesis Group.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and supports early-stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together more than 800 experts operating in 20 countries around the world. Within Anthesis, Climate Neutral Group helps organisations to get insight in their CO2 emissions, to reduce and offset their residual emissions and to substantiate their climate neutral claims through our Climate Neutral Certification Programme.
Our Carbon Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing carbon offset projects in renewable energy, waste management, agriculture, forestry and Nature-Based Solutions. We guide project owners and developers all the way from project inception to the issuing of carbon credits in line with official carbon standards.
Role and tasks of the Senior Carbon Project Developer
- Responsible for the implementation and management of offset projects which includes:
- Carrying out carbon feasibility studies;
- Drafting of Project Design Documents (PDDs);
- Emission’s baseline determination and surveys
- Validation, monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) activities under the applicable carbon standard (e.g. Gold Standard, Verra’s VCS)
- Conduct site visits, manage stakeholder engagements and feedback rounds and travel to project locations whenever needed;
- Schedule Technical Reviews and Quality Checks;
- Sourcing and contracting suitable offset projects to expand CNG’s project portfolio:
- Conduct various project sourcing tasks including, but not limited to, research, cross-checking qualifications under carbon standards, technical assessment, emission reduction estimates, project profitability /cash flow projections, additionality assessments, preparing presentations, writing reports and drafting agreements;
- Lead the definition and planning of content and structure to support the certification of projects: work plans, work schedules, budgets and deliverables;
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge on developments in terms of the international carbon market and (inter-)national environmental policy
- Be a key point of contact and maintain a good relationship with the team members inside the company, project owners, clients, verification bodies, stakeholders and other counterparts:
- Develop and maintain a network of project developers, verification bodies (VVBs) and standard bodies (e.g. Gold Standard and Verra’s VCS);
- Proactive networking with relevant organisations including potential project owners, technology providers, multilaterals, public and private entities, government agencies and others
- A relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Energy Engineering, Economics or sustainability-related disciplines
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in carbon asset development with a proven track record in PDD writing, including managing the full validation, monitoring, verification and issuance;
- Excellent knowledge of International carbon standards VCS (Verra), Gold Standard for the Global Goals and CDM and the most common carbon methodologies;
- Up-to-date knowledge on developments in terms of the international carbon market and (inter-) national environmental policy, including Greenhouse Gas Protocol, corporate GHG inventory (including scope 1,2 and 3), Science Based Targets and Net Zero;
- A strong technical understanding of renewable energy, waste and industrial sectors in order to identify opportunities in the carbon market/ climate change field, including methodologies required for the development of projects;
- Commercial skills, good business sense & target driven; able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment;
- Proven knowledge and network in the relevant fields;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
More about working at Climate Neutral Group
- CNG employees work from the belief that professionalism and idealism go hand in hand. The core values of CNG are: Professional, innovative, focused, with ownership and learning capacity. They do this in an informal way and with humour. A CNG employee is professional, goal-oriented, authentic, positive and honest. They are intrinsically motivated, ambitious, passionate and proud to work on business solutions to the climate problem.
- CNG offers excellent options for further personal development.
The Senior Carbon Project Developer role is for 36-40 hours a week and based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Climate Neutral Group offers a competitive salary and a pension plan. This role is open for candidates that already have a valid NL-working permit.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com to the attention of Marieke Godding, with subject: Senior Carbon Project Developer vacancy as soon as possible but before April 27th 2022.